Our business computer-based systems are the very heart of our businesses. When they go down, it can cause everyone’s work to abruptly halt. This leads to lost revenue in terms of man-hours, lost production time, and the cost of system repairs. When you have a network security and solutions plan in place, and a qualified time to implement the plan, you go a long way in preventing system down time in the first place.
The security of your network is critical. You need protection against cyber thieves, disgruntled employees, and bored hackers simply bent on creating havoc. Most companies don’t have the resources to employ full-time onsite staff to combat these issues, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t understand the necessity for the services. That’s where highly competent and experienced offsite companies can help. A qualified company can come in, readily assess your businesses vulnerable points, and create a comprehensive plan for your overall network security, and solutions to prevent potential cyber attacks.
The types of security a business needs is as extensive as their computer use. The security considerations include:
- Wireless and mobile security: preventing hackers from intercepting data and accessing networks.
- Firewalls: your primary line of defence against unauthorised access.
- Authentication: allowing you to control and monitor who is accessing your network, as well as determining which information is accessible to which employees.
- Email: diligent protection against viruses that can cripple your network, as well as removal of annoying spam.
- Web: ongoing monitoring of accessed websites, ensuring that no harmful data mining or malware viruses make their way into your network.
- Antivirus: as part of a stratified protection plan, antivirus protection blocks any spyware or virus before it is able to enter the desktop, server, or mobile device.
It is an unfortunate necessity, but if your employees use computers in the course of their business activity, you should look into a company that offers network security and solutions. Simply put, your business depends on it.